Bullitt73
Spammer

Jan 12 2012, 01:59 PM #76

Nustyl @ Jan 11 2012, 11:43 PM wrote: Soooo... Your telling me i need to buy a new PC to support this sim? :unsure:
Probably not Nustyle. You should be fine. Worst case you will need to turn a few settings down a bit.

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Jan 12 2012, 02:33 PM #77

So I lied. :P

I downloaded RF2 and installed it last night. With everything turned to it's lowest settings and no cars on the track I can drive but as soon I get going fast or more objects are visible I get very bad frame rate and it is not smooth frame rate at anytime.

Keep in mind that ever since I got the 28" monitor and running 1980X1200 resolution out HDMI my frame rate droppped in rfactor anyway so I knew I was pushing my system. So if I were to go back to my old 19" monitor at lower resolution I may get RF2 to work better but I'm under the minimum specs anyways.

Bottom line it's time for me to upgrade. I figure RF2 would cost me the same now or 6mo from now. So now I have that time to get my system up and running with it before the full release. :thumbsup:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
BUT Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!

gatorchad
Veteran

Jan 12 2012, 03:01 PM #78

FYI - The guys at www.F1Elites.com have created mods for each of the car series that lets you run all tracks online.

http://www.f1elites.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3619

gatorchad
Veteran

Jan 12 2012, 03:12 PM #79

Jammer @ Jan 11 2012, 11:52 AM wrote: seems ok on my 3 screens at medium res for sure, i upped it last night driving the f1 CLASSICS at monaco and am happy to report - they are not TMS (typical Mick Sh*)

maybe a slight stutter but yes gator - time to get better hardware in place. i ordered a decent pc from ibuypower.com and delivery should be with in the next 2 weeks so i may be of some help benchmarking things.

i still can't get over the connected feeling - and yes mike - the force feedback settings are too high - violent imo - i didn't play with it but my guess, logitech profiler may be of some help here and i also noticed a force adj setting for each car too -

the ui is better too

online rooms - large numbers forming in single rooms - bros is listed but did have some server connect failures too

oh yeah - btw - i didn't see an obvious way to change my online or single player name not too keen on that

will be immersed in all its glory asap - no gt5 racing tonight - i'm being self centered - sorry fellas have a great time :thumbsup:
I ran with 3 screens a little last night. Monaco in the F2's dropped into the low teen's at the start of the race, but ran above 30 fps for most of the race. Stutters were occasionally a problem, dropping into the low 20's once or twice per lap. I ran the meganes at mills mostly above 30fps.

Weird artifact, I got motion sickness. Not sure if it was triggered by the frame rate or if I was close to feeling bad already and it just put me over the edge. :blink: I had to stop racing....I'll give it a try again tonight.

My processor isn't very good, so I plan to pickup a new motherboard/CPU combo soon. I have been looking at this for a while now, so it's just as well. We have a new Tigerdirect wharehouse that opened up near me, so I guess I'll have to check it out on Saturday. :o

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Jan 13 2012, 01:21 AM #80

Here is a couple of post in the RF2 thread at efnet. B)

[quote=""K Juliot""][quote=""RedRacer 2011""]Kev, you can run lower resolutions on your 28" monitor.  Just run the RF2 config, and set it to 1280x720 which is less than HALF the resolution of 1080p (1980x1024).  Less pixels rendered means higher frame rates.  You do not have to sacrafice screen size to achieve this.[/quote]Nope not through HDMI I can't already tryed that. I guess I wasn't thinking, I could run VGA cable to the 28" monitor at a lower res and still get the bigger picture over the 19". Maybe I'll play with it this weekend and see. :D[/quote]Ok I went back and looked at this. I was able to do what Red suggested and it works ok. I don't know what I did last night but it just went black and said frequency out of range. Now saying it's ok is well............driveable but FPS is 48 at best at Spa and it's lowest was 16 on the front stretch on 60's Monoco. With the low resolution and low graphics settings it looks like GPL or worse actually, just crappy, jaggy edges and lines.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.

apex240
Uber Veteran
apex240
Uber Veteran

Feb 18 2012, 08:35 PM #81

I am trying to update rF2 to build 60 and.....

For some reason I do not have this "update folder" and creating one did not work either. I installed the same way rF1 was installed. c/program files/rfactor2 and there is no update folder in my rf2 directory.

I even used windows explorer with no luck, googled the hell out of this problem with no answers either. :(

Mike Campbell
Champion

Feb 18 2012, 09:56 PM #82

Put the exe file you just downloaded into you "my documents rfactor 2 updates folder. Don't go into the rfactor 2 folder in program files. Once you put it in there, load up rf2 & click update & then click again to install. Worked fine for me. I'm on a laptop now so I can't give you the exact location but that should be close enough.

apex240
Uber Veteran
apex240
Uber Veteran

Feb 18 2012, 11:39 PM #83

Thanks Mike but I do not have any rFactor2 folders in my documents. Only rF1.

Mike Campbell
Champion

Feb 19 2012, 12:21 AM #84

Odd. You should have one there & also in the program files. Did you install it as it was or did you modify any paths? The documents rf2 folder is for the 'data' files & the program files rf2 folder is for the 'core' files. Do a search for rfactor 2 in windows & see what comes up. Somethings up. You might need to reinstall...

apex240
Uber Veteran
apex240
Uber Veteran

Feb 19 2012, 08:04 PM #85

Mike Campbell @ Feb 18 2012, 07:21 PM wrote: Odd. You should have one there & also in the program files. Did you install it as it was or did you modify any paths? The documents rf2 folder is for the 'data' files & the program files rf2 folder is for the 'core' files. Do a search for rfactor 2 in windows & see what comes up. Somethings up. You might need to reinstall...
Thanks Mike, I found the folder and it worked. For me it was C\Program Files\Update
"There's a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror"

apex240
Uber Veteran
apex240
Uber Veteran

Mar 16 2012, 05:56 PM #86

Build #68 is now out for rF2 Beta, seems even more playable even with my low end graphics card I will be updating soon. ISI also released a GT4 Nissan 370Z and a GT1 GTR (a few skins for each).

There has also been a new track released for RF2, VLN Mid Ohio has been converted.

Edit: Latest update is now #69
"There's a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror"

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Mar 18 2012, 01:52 AM #87

It's build 69 already now, got it, got the Nissan mod and the VLM Mid Ohio track and loaded all of it.

After trying the Nissan at Mid Ohio I was not happy with the graphics quality, track edges and the overhead electrical wires were all jagged. Doing a little digging around on the internet this looked to be a antialising issue. So went to the "Configure Sim" button, which is the graphics card setup window like old RF config. To my shock it was on default settings and antiailising on "None" so set it to 3 and my resolution back up to 1920X1200.

All right fired the sucker back up and........................wow looks great, really good graphics. But....................frame rate really took a hit. The 60's GP car at Monaco was running low 30's FPS :blink: :(

I really don't get this, it's not like I cheaped out on this PC build and yes I know there are bigger badder graphics cards and PC's. I seriously doubt I could support triple monitors in RF2 at decent graphics settings like HD I'm running now. Is it really going to take a $400-600 card to run RF2 good? Of course those cards will $100 in a year or two, then I could upgrade. :D

*Side note*: Went and looked at regular RF config settings and I had antiailising on none there also, changed it to 3 and fired it up............WOW! Looks fantastic, again a FPS hit but I had plenty to spare there.

Mike Campbell
Champion

Mar 18 2012, 03:17 AM #88

I also have problems with frame rates in rF2. From what I read, they haven't optimized the graphics yet... In beta stage they say... Let's hope it gets better when it gets its full release in June or else I'll have to look into beefing up my video card.

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Mar 18 2012, 04:21 PM #89

Mike I have a ATI/Radion 6850 with 1gig of ram so it's no slouch as far as video cards are concerned. So I hope things get better because I want to run all the "Eye Candy" turned up. :P

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Jun 16 2012, 01:01 AM #90

Ok build 90 is out with updates for the '60's cars and Brianza( Monza) is released for RF2.

Get your torrents here. http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-build-90-available