Moving Along

News, updates, ect.

Moving Along

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Mar 13 2013, 02:30 PM #1

Things are coming together for us and rF2. Last night I was able to configure settings (Thanks Jammer!) and run a dedicated server for rF2 off my game PC, Jammer had done the same the night before. So we are now at the stage of being able to run our own practice and race rooms. :thumbsup:

Big steps forward, now we just need more content and the final version. :D

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
BUT Torque is how far you take the wall with you!!

robbieracer
Spammer

Mar 13 2013, 06:53 PM #2

I will get it sometime this month. You guys should stock up on "patience" to prepare for that...lol

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Mar 13 2013, 07:58 PM #3

robbieracer @ Mar 13 2013, 12:53 PM wrote: I will get it sometime this month. You guys should stock up on "patience" to prepare for that...lol
Apex did it so you should be able too............................. :ph43r: Just kidding Apex, all good. :lol: It's pretty straight forward Robb and thinking should go smoothly for you and us.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.

robbieracer
Spammer

Mar 20 2013, 04:39 PM #4

rainy day in victoria.....typical
3hrs of messing with RF2 install.......pain in the ass
racing meganes at portugal.....................................phuckin eh.

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Mar 20 2013, 05:15 PM #5

robbieracer @ Mar 20 2013, 10:39 AM wrote: rainy day in victoria.....typical
3hrs of messing with RF2 install.......pain in the ass
racing meganes at portugal.....................................phuckin eh.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Mick777
Something Else
Mick777
Something Else

Apr 5 2013, 06:28 AM #6

Well i finally got around to merging everything from my old PC's to my current machine. rFactor (1) will have to get a test after all the craziness. But i will have to look at grabbing a copy of rF2 soon enough. It sounds like it's come a long way. We kind of always new it would get there, eventually.

Jammer
Something Else
Jammer
Something Else

Apr 5 2013, 04:02 PM #7

yeah mic - great hearing from you

the tire model and road feel is awesome in rFactor2

apex240
Uber Veteran
apex240
Uber Veteran

Apr 7 2013, 03:16 PM #8

Glad to hear from you Mick, we miss our original resident alien (must be from the mother ship :lol: )

You will love the rf2 tire model, there is a slow mo video of the tire reacting to the road and curbs somewhere showing how dynamic this tire model really is. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Apr 27 2013, 05:01 PM #9

I hosted up a RF2 room last night and running the Corvettes, I'm really looking forward to when there is more content like V8's for RF2. It so much better for driving feel and tires, what a blast to race with. I know there is a lot in the works and we are still in beta. :thumbsup:

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Nov 18 2013, 09:38 PM #10

Update time I guess.

Friday night a few of us got into an official ISI server for Touring cars, the car was the Renualt and at the Mills track. Latest build 342 is better but still I'm suffering from lower frame rates. In race I was seeing 32 to 50 FPS. Ended up being 8 guys in the room, some guys from Germany were really fast.

So yes it's progressing but still not ready for prime time, GBR decided against moving there premier racing series V8 Super cars over to RF2 for this very reason and lack of all tracks. Yes V8's are available for RF2 but not a public release yet.

Mick777
Something Else
Mick777
Something Else

Aug 27 2015, 09:56 AM #11

How is rFactor2 now?

I've seen a few videos lately and it seems like the physics is probably the best of the new gen but, last I heard, the game was annoying as. Thoughts? I've just had to rebuild my PC. Maybe this time I'll install rFactor and I was curious about it's younger brother.

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Aug 28 2015, 12:10 AM #12

Well my subscription ran out and I haven't renewed it so I'm several builds old and actually right before the big update that supposedly was a major upgrade. I hear its really good and thinking I do need to pay and get the latest version. There also has been some content added too.

Mick777
Something Else
Mick777
Something Else

Aug 28 2015, 11:27 AM #13

The price has gone up quite a bit since I last looked. I should have just bought it years ago.

I know there's a Corvette C6 and Honda NSX that are developments from the rF mods by Niels. All of his work was amazing on the old tyre model; I can only imagine how good they are with the new model.

KJPROX
Something Else
KJPROX
Something Else

Aug 28 2015, 02:07 PM #14

Went and looked at costs, looks it has. I just need to pay the $12-13 subsription fee to get mine going again. I think at the time I bought RF2 I paid $30 for it.

I will get those pics up from the race Mick. :D

Mike Campbell
Champion

Sep 2 2015, 04:19 AM #15

I'd say its worth it. I got the lifetime sub. I run it every now & then but without a proper league, it's not being used the way it should. I wish we could move forwards at Efnet & jump into rF2, even GSC would be an improvement. These newer sims have so much more to offer.